This week, we started prototyping the robot. Our first idea was to have arms to stack the totes, so we made a prototype using wood and last years robot. After driving, we found how difficult it was to drive with arms sticking out. We decided that the main role of our robot would be stacking totes and recycling bins, so we designed an elevator system with pulley's. Once we got a pulley, we wanted to test how much weight in can hold; we attached the cable to a spindle which was then connected to a battery. We tied the cable to a 25 pound weight and connected it to a battery and we found that the pulley would be strong enough. During the week we decided what type of chassiss to use. We thought about what type of wheels and drive would be best for this years game; we picked mechanum drive.